Early Years Pupil Premium
Is your child eligible?
Children are eligible if their parents are in receipt of any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided families are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after families stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal credit
In addition, a child will be eligible if they have been looked after by the local authority for at least one day or have been adopted from care or they have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order.
What is the Early Years Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium provides extra funding direct to schools to target support for named children. This additional support has been available to our older children for some time but is new for Nursery children. As a school we carefully track all children who qualify for this funding and ensure that the money is spent providing additional support. This includes specialist practitioner support, smaller group sizes, one to one tuition and additional resources.
What should I do?
If your child is eligible, we ask that you please fill in the form below. The funding that does come into school makes a huge difference to the resources available to all children. We can only receive funding if those eligible provide us with the necessary information.
Should you have any questions, please enquire at the school office.