We are delighted that you are considering our nursery for your child. We appreciate that it is a huge decision and we would like to help you through the process.
What you can expect from us:
- A pre-school newsletter emailed to you.
- An open morning/afternoon for you to visit the whole school including nursery. The main focus of this will be a tour around school. We do this during the school day so that you get a feel for daily life at St John’s.
- A letter informing you of whether your child has been allocated a nursery place. These are usually sent out in the Autumn term of the year before your child is due to start.
Once you have accepted an offer, you can expect:
- An invitation to a new parents’ meeting. This takes place during an evening in the Summer term. It is presentation based and not suitable for children.
- An invitation for you and your child to attend a short session in nursery in the Summer term.
- A home visit from our nursery staff in the September that you child begins nursery.
If you and your child would like to get to know us a little better, you may wish to consider our Wednesday morning ‘Stay and Play’ session. These sessions are run during term time by a member of our staff.
For reception places, you will need to apply to the local authority. Further details can be found at: http://cms.walsall.gov.uk/school_admissions.htm We have no influence over this process but the local authority does follow our own admissions criteria published on our website.
Mr A Mills