Welcome to St John's...
Our aim is to provide the best possible education for your child underpinned by our caring ethos based on Christian values. We recognise the importance of forging a successful partnership between home and school so that your child can enjoy productive and enjoyable years at St John’s.
- To be an inclusive school and to put into place the practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs.
- To provide well for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- To provide well for learners’ care, health and safety.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad and balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for the first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- To teach basic skills and core subjects well and to give great emphasis to the foundation subjects, RE and the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music, performance. This will be a central feature of our work.
- To make connections between subjects and to apply basic skills across the curriculum.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors and extensive use of the environment.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
- To make parents and the wider community equal partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, happy, bright and lively environment where learners feel secure. A place where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up.
- To make this school a safe place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.